Kettlebell Sport, also known as Girevoy Sport, is an endurance style of lifting kettlebells that is used in competition. The objective of a kettlebell competition is to complete as many repetitions as possible in 10 minutes, either with one switch (if you are using one kettlebell), or without setting the kettlebells down (if you are using two kettlebells).
The events you can compete in vary from competition to competition, but traditionally there are three main events:
1. Long Cycle: 10 minutes of Clean & Jerk with two kettlebells.
2. Biathlon: 10 minutes of Jerk with two kettlebells, followed by 10 minutes of Snatch with one kettlebell.
3. Snatch: 10 minutes of Snatch with one kettlebell.
Some competitions offer variations of the above lifts, including Long Cycle with one kettlebell (One Arm Long Cycle or OALC), Snatch with two kettlebells, Jerk with one or two kettlebells, 5 minute events, or events that allow multiple hand switches or set-downs.
KOR’s Kettlebell Sport team is the best in Southern California. Team KOR boasts an incredible group of passionate and dedicated athletes. The team holds practice Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7pm, and Saturdays at 8am. Competitions occur throughout the year at international locations, and are optional but a great way to set goals. KOR hosts our own annual Kettlebell Sport competition, Deck the Bells, every December.
How to join
- Schedule your introductory session with head coach Brittany by emailing [email protected]. This hour-long course is $20 for KOR members, and $59 for non-members.
- Start attending practice whenever you can (Tuesday/Thursday 7pm, Saturday 8am).
- Compete and have fun!